As summer comes to an end, it can be hard to get back on a regular schedule — for both kids and adults.Here are the Tips to make the transit easier.
Speak about the school:
Started to talk about the school reopening a month before. Or at least 15 days before. Tell them often about the school ( particularly if they gonna go to new school), the new classes, the new subjects they gonna learn everything. Countdown calendars are much useful in this. Every day they count the leftover days the more they mentally prepare themselves to go back to school
Speak to them about their meet up with their friends after a break. Tell them they may see the old friends and may also make new ones. Refresh their positive memories about previous years.
Shop for school supplies together:
Take them to the ‘back to school’ shopping. Let them choose their favorite bags, lunch box, water bottle, pencil boxes, etc. It will make them excited about their ‘back to school’ experience.
Ease into school friendly schedule:
If your child has been staying up late all summer, have them practice going to bed and get up earlier at least one week before school starts. It will help them quickly get into the school schedule.
Cut down the first-morning fuss by
preparing the night before.Assist them to pack their bags and kept ready their uniforms, school badge, belt, ID Card, etc. the night before.
For first time schoolers:
I still remember the first day I dropped ‘sh1’ at his school. He was screaming, and I cried silently. It’s more of an emotional thing. Up to that the little ones world wandering around us. Suddenly they gonna expose the world other than family. It’s a frightening moment. Although exceptions are there most of the time, however, we prepared ourselves and the little minds the first few days ( Sometimes months) will be an emotional struggle for both for us. But this ‘let go’ is essential for making them survive in this wild world. So first-time schoolers parents should mentally prepare themselves for this separation.
Some points to be taken note of are
- Discuss with your kid what they can expect on the first day of school. This will make them prepared.Some schools are reopening the school for the elder students first. In that case take your little ones to the bus stops, school gates and let them watch the other students get into the bus, school. Tell them that is how he/she gonna go to school in few days.
- The first day at school books may help them figure out how it will be at school
- If they gonna be at school for lunch and then serve their lunch in their lunch boxes for few days before the school opening. Let them open the box and eat the lunch by themselves and close the box. It will be a great help for them at school.
- Train them well for removing/ buckle up their school uniform shorts/pants for restroom purposes.
- Teach them playfully to say their name, parent’s name, home address, all time reachable mobile no., school name, their class everything.
- Discuss with them what you will be doing when your child is in school. Reassure them that you have plenty to keep you busy that you will look forward to seeing her/him when school is over.
- If any one of your neighbor’s children will be going to the same school, then make them play together and become friends. So that she/he will see at least one familiar person on their first day of school.
- Help them to follow the instructions at home. Encourage them to share. Tell them how to politely wish the other students and how to make friends. This will help them a lot.
- Talk about the daily events happened at school. And ask about their next day schedule. ( Like “Oh your friend was crying today? What you gonna do about that tomorrow?”) That will help to prepare your child for next day
- Make sure you got all the things necessary for the school. ( uniforms, shoes, socks, bags, lunch bags, lunch boxes, water bottle, pencil box other supplies)
- Write down the first-week breakfast and lunch menu and shop for the ingredients on the weekend.
- Cut the vegetables in the previous night will be more helpful for morning preparation.
- Iron, the week’s uniform sets and keep ready the essential things well before will reduce the morning tension.
- If you gonna pick up drop your kids to school, make sure your vehicles are in good condition with enough fuel.
- If they gonna go by the private van/Auto then give reminder message /Call to a concerned person.
- For few days (Say for the first week) be ready to receive a call/pick up your kids at any time(Happened to me in the first week). If you will be at your workplace, then make alternative arrangements.
I gave the Tips I remembered so far. Let me know in comments If you have more tips to help out the parents.
Like this post? Consider following my blog…
would really appreciate your rating. Thanks in advance.
Feel free to share.The sharing icons are below..